Thursday, December 17, 2009

Big GIRL NOW!!!

I finally decided it was time for me to get this little monkey out of diapers. We are going on week 2 and she is doing AMAZING!!!  Last weekend she had a UTI and was holding her potty for 7-9 hours because it hurt her to much to go.  At first I thought she was being stubborn and just didn't want to go on the potty, we had a few of those moments but I later found out that the poor little thing was really uncomfortable.  When I started this I was so scared that I was going to be in public and have a huge accident, but she has never had a accident in public.  Yesterday I was upstairs vacuming when I heard this loud banging coming up the stairs I stop and ask her what she is doing and she replys "mom I gotta go potty " as she is bringing her little potty up the stairs!!  ha ha The little potty has been our life savor she was one of those kids that was really afraid of the big potty so my next step is transitioning her over to the big one.  

3 comments:

rachel june* said...

ya Ash! that is such a big hurdle and SO nice when its over. Cutest pic of Sienna too. See ya tomorrow!!!!

Sara Jane said...

So proud of Beautiful Sienna ... So proud of Beautiful Ashlee...

jen said...

Wonderful but not about that UTI... ouch... what a champ!

Taedon was afraid of everyone else's toilet but our own for a week or so... they all have their funny little quirks.