Thursday, February 18, 2010

For baby Ava

This is the quilt that I made for my cousin Jennies new baby girl Ava. When I saw the little bird fabric it was LOVE at first sight. And I had almost all the brown and pinks in my stash of fabrics. I even had the brown and pink minky that's on the back of the quilt.


I made her name small just incase Jen decided to switch her name on me!
After I showed jen the fabric she told me that Ava means bird, I thought was too funny since I had no idea.
I wanted to try and show the quilting on the back. I love how the flowers stand out on the soft fabric.



6 comments:

Jennie VandenAkker said...

K, Ava is the luckiest girl ever. Thank you SOOOOO MUCH!! I love it! It is absolutely amazing. You are so talented. Thanks again! I also LOVE the carseat tent cover. I'm telling you, you need to open up an etsy shop. You can come visit whenever, just call me!!

Brando and Annie said...

It turned out SO... cute!!!! I need to start sewing with you again asap! We have lots of quilts to make!

Nicole Ritchie Eskelson said...

As if I didn't already have enough motivation to have a baby, this officially did me in. Love it! You are so talented.

Megan Cross said...

Hey! I have that same pattern that I made for Porter's quilt!! I took the birds out though and was going to do a monkey, but didn't end up doing that either. I am making another quilt with that pattern for Nora, but again, instead of the birds I am going to do flowers. I love that pattern! Good job! So cute!

The Beckstead's said...

Very impressive Ashlee, great job!

Liz said...

Butthead..I check my mail every day for mine! Shoot...maybe tomorrow:)