Monday, March 23, 2009

OBSESSIONS and OPINIONS

Alright so after I made Sienna's birthday outfit I have gotten just a LITTLE obsessed with making skirts and matching shirts to go with them.  Seriously it's starting to drive me nuts because it is all I think about.  So here is my problem I can't decide if I should try and sell them since the economy is so bad I feel like its not a very good time to try and do something like this because not many people are shopping and spending money on things other than the necessities.  I have looked into some cute boutiques, but I  am just worried that they wont sell.  And I have debated for a while on even posting about them, but I need opinions.  Seriously these are just a few of them I have also done pants and dresses..... like I said I am a little obsessed my house looks like a quilt store blew up in it!!!!  HELP?!?!









11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those are darling!!! Have you thought about etsy? I guess that way you can do it all from home, but I would say go for it somewhere. How much would you charge?

Michelle said...

too cute!! If I had a girl, I'd buy! =) hee hee..Only boys here.

The Beckstead's said...

Why don't you try posting them on KSL? My friend Melissa is making tu-tu's and she's sold 5 of them so far, just by posting them there. It wouldn't hurt.
But they are very cute - I love 'em all! Good job!

Brando and Annie said...

of course you need to sell them! I love all those they are darling! I can't wait for Addison to get hers! We need to do something this week and then you can measure her.

Sara Jane said...

Sell them! I know I am a little biased but I think they are so creative colorful and cute! Sassalu! I am obsessed too! Just do it!(NIKE)

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

Oh Ashlee totally do it I think you would be surprised because even in this bad economy I think little girls accessories and clothes are a necessity!! People usually skimp on their kids last (I know I do) You should also look into "Oh Sweet Sadie" your skirts would be perfect for that boutique..Let me know how much they cost I want one! KSL and Etsy would be a good place too..GOOD LUCK that is exciting!:)

Anonymous said...

I was going to do my bows at oh sweet sadie and I chickened out. But if you want to be brave and try, you should. I think its too late for the spring show. I know the owner of the boutique called paisley pomegranate. I could hook you up with her email and you just send her pictures. I know three other boutiques that you just email your pictures and they get back to you down here in provo. But they are all consignment. Thats why I stopped doing it. You can make more selling them out of your house or on etsy. Let me know if you want the emails! So darn cute! I am impressed!

Whit said...

I want one!!! Seriously in every color!

Jennie VandenAkker said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM ALL!!! You are so talented! For sure you should sell them!!

Whitney said...

I just happened upon your blog and I LOVE these skirts and I know I would buy! Leave me a comment and let me know how much. tywhitnoah.blogspot.com

Liz said...

Oh my goodness...those are darling. And people will ABSOLUTELY buy them. Even if they are poor. The key is just to not over price them toooooo much. But I'm sure they take a lot of time so make sure to make enough profit to make it worth your energy! Sooooo cute. Where were you when my girls were little?